Finding a Sarnia real estate agent who is best for you requires doing a little homework, and asking the right questions. Choosing an agent is a decision that could ultimately cost or save you thousands of dollars. Keep in mind the individual you choose will be handling almost every maneuver in the biggest financial investment of your life. Experience, strategy, past success and expertise vary from agent to agent. Whether you're looking to buy or sell your home, a good sales representative is essential. Here are some Questions to think about for a potential Sarnia real estate agent.
1. How long have you been in real estate & approx how many homes do you sell a year?
2. Are you a full-time real estate agent?
3. Do you specialize any areas?
4. Has he/she done their homework on your home? Gone over the recent area sales, your current competition & fully explain how he/she got to ‘that’ listing price?
5. How does the agent respond to your desired price for the home you’re selling?
6. What is your plan & marketing strategy for my home?
7. Can you help me with financing? How will the financing work with my real estate deal?
8. Is your potential Sarnia real estate agent a good self-promoter? Do they have the most recent technologies when it comes to marketing and advertising?
9. Do they have a reference list or testimonials from past clients?
10. What do they charge for commission? * Be wary of an agent that gives away their commission check before they’ve even started to sell your home! Will that sales representative be a good negotiator when time comes for an offer? Will they to throw away their/your money so quickly then to?