Updated Wednesday, July 4, 2012 ::
Hire the Right Agent - 10 Questions to Ask
Finding a real estate agent who is right for you requires doing a little homework, and asking the right questions. Choosing an agent is a decision that could ultimately cost or save you thousands of dollars. Keep in mind the individual you choose will be handling almost every maneuver in the biggest financial investment of your life. Experience, strategy, past success, interests, and expertise vary from agent to agent. Whether you're looking to buy or sell your home, a good sales representative is essential – and can be hard to find. Here are the top 10 Questions to look for in a potential agents.
1. Tell me about yourself, how you got into real estate how long have your been in real estate & approx how many homes do you sell a year?
2. Do you practice real estate as a full-time career or on the side of another job?
3. What location do you specialize in, if any?
4. Has he/she done their homework on your home? Gone over the recent area sales, your current competition & fully explain how he/she got to ‘that’ listing price?
5. How does the agent respond to your desired price for the home you’re selling?
6. What is your plan & marketing strategy for my home?
7. How would you suggest I approach my own financing plan? How will the financing work with my real estate deal?
8. Is your potential real estate agent a good self-promoter?
9. Do they have a reference list or testimonials from past clients?
10. What do they charge for commission? * Be wary of an agent that gives away their commission check before they’ve even started to sell your home! Will that sales representative be a good negotiator when time comes for an offer? Will they to throw away their/your money so quickly then to?
Add a Comment
Fields marked with "*" are required to process your form.